RE: [aspectj-users] How to lauch aspectjweaver at runtime?

Hi Simone,

       We are having the build time weaving option.  But, once the WAR file is deployed we can update the WAR file with custom extension points having aop.xml.  The we redeploy this WAR file.

        If we use the JVM’s javaagent for weaving, we need to restart the application instead of redeploy.

       So, I’m planning to launch the AspectJ agent at runtime.  I read in some article that to launch the agent at runtime the Agent jar’s manifest should contain “Agent-Class” attribute while list the Agent class which can be invoked at runtime.

       Is this possible in AspjectJ 1.6.8? If not, in current scenario how can I avoid restart of WAR?

Thanks,

Santhosh