[aspectj-users] Advice doesn't match

Hi,

sorry for the beginners question, but I am currently lost. I am trying
to apply the following advice. Unfortunately, the Eclipse plugin
insists in displaying the warning

    advice defined in ... has not been applied [Xlint:adviceDidNotMatch]

and, indeed, the System.err line never seems to be executed, although
it seems to be sufficiently clear and unambiguous. I tried both the
Eclipse plugin and the Maven plugin, same results.

Thanks,

Jochen

package com.tsystems.icto.tom.cssadapter.mapper;

public aspect CssSmbbMappings {
	String around(String s): execution(public static String
com.tsystems.icto.tom.cssadapter.smbb.vo.ItemType.fromString(String))
&& args(s) {
        System.err.println("Inside around, value = " + s);
        if (s == null  ||  s.trim().length() == 0) {
            return null;
        }
        return proceed(s);
	}
}

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!

Back to the top