Re: [aspectj-users] Method call in super class within an around advice

Suppose you have:

class A { void foo () { ... } }
class B { void foo () { ... } }

then you can have an ITD that adds:

B.super_foo() { super.foo(); }

and then in the advice

around(B b) : ... {
  b.super_foo();
}

(obviously this is all pseudo/not-tested code, but it should be enough for you to get the idea)

hope this helps,

-- Éric

On May 31, 2010, at 5:30 PM, Holger King wrote:

> Hi Éric,
>
> thank you for your hint! Could you make an example of what you mean. I do understand what Inter-type declarations (ITD) are. But how to call the super method.
>
> Could you offer an example?
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Mon, 31 May 2010 16:13:51 -0400
>> Von: Eric Tanter <etanter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> An: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> Betreff: Re: [aspectj-users] Method call in super class within an around advice
>
>> Hi Holger,
>>
>> I think you can't call super directly this way. The only alternative I can
>> think of is to introduce (with an ITD) a method that does the super call,
>> and call that method from the advice.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> -- Éric
>>
>> On May 31, 2010, at 4:10 PM, Holger King wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm new to AspectJ - so I hope this is not a silly question!
>>>
>>> The original question is: is there a way to call methods in
>> super-classes within an "around"-advice? If yes, how? ;)
>>>
>>> I created a named PointCut using a certain parameter list to make them
>> available in the advice context later:
>>>
>>> pointcut logAbstractGenerationContext(String type, String name, Map
>> params, AbstractGenerationContext abstractGenCtx) :
>>>               execution(public Printable
>> de.subpackage.subpackage.generate.AbstractGenerationContext+.getTemplate(String, String, Map) throws
>> IOException) &&
>>>               args(type, name, params) && this(abstractGenCtx);
>>>

>>> The advice is defined as follows:
>>>
>>> Printable around(String type, String name, Map params,
>> AbstractGenerationContext abstractGenCtx) throws IOException :
>> logAbstractGenerationContext(type, name, params, abstractGenCtx) {
>>>   if(type == null)
>>>       return super.getTemplate(null, name, params);
>>> }
>>>
>>> But the parser always marks the "super" variable. I already tried some
>> flavors - but still no success.
>>>
>>> Hint: the aspect has been declared "privileged" to allow access on
>> private or protected variables of the provided "AbstractGenerationContext"
>> instance.
>>>
>>> Maybe, you can help me to solve that (easy) problem?
>>> --
>>> e-mail:
>>> HolgerKing@xxxxxxx
>>>
>>> address: