Re: [aspectj-users] Hi

Not quite sure what you are specifically after here

> Modify the JVM,

If you mean 'enable it to load time weave' then you have to run with the agent
java -javaagent:aspectjweaver.jar Foo

If you mean 'weave into the system classes' then I recommend you do
binary weaving

ajc -inpath rt.jar MyAspect.aj -outjar newrt.jar
(then slap it on the bootclasspath so it is picked up ahead of the old rt.jar)

> Compile-time

ajc A.java B.java C.aj -1.5 -showWeaveInfo
// or use AJDT

> post-compile

ajc Code.java -outjar code.jar
ajc Aspect.java -outjar aspect.jar

ajc -inpath code.jar -aspectpath aspect.jar -outjar wovencode.jar

> load-time

ajc Code.java
ajc Aspectj.java -outxml -outjar aspect.jar

java -javaagent:aspectjweaver.jar Code
// if aspect.jar is on the classpath, the aop.xml file inside will be
found and Code will be woven when executing

> run-time

we don't do runtime weaving.  You either weave something in that can
be switched at runtime (a switchable boolean), or you attempt loadtime
weaving with hotswap, which is experimental

> if you have code samples
> showing how to use these mechanisms for weaving will help me a lot, so would
> facilitate my understanding;

more context about what you want to know would help...  did you try
the documentation?

Andy