Re: [aspectj-users] How to trace a static method with varargs ?

the pointcuts execution/call/etc take a method declaration signature -
so you need to specify the signature as it is declared.  This means
not:

call(Object[][] LibUtil,getResultSetBound(Connection, String, JdbcParm []))

but

call(Object[][] LibUtil,getResultSetBound(Connection, String, JdbcParm...))

(as Mohan has in his example).

The binding pointcuts like args/this/target use the runtime type, and
at runtime the varargs is represented as an array so you use the
JdbcParm[] in args binding.

This complete program compiles and weaves for me:

public aspect Ooo {

	pointcut traceGetSQLResultset(Connection dbConn, String sql,
JdbcParm[] values) :
	    call(Object[][] LibUtil.getSQLResultSetBound(Connection, String,
JdbcParm...)) &&
	    args(dbConn, sql, values);

	Object[][] around(Connection dbConn, String sql, JdbcParm[] values) :
	    traceGetSQLResultset(dbConn, sql, values) {
	    System.out.println(sql);
	    return proceed(dbConn, sql, values);
	}

		LibUtil.getSQLResultSetBound(null,null);
	}
}

class LibUtil {
	public static Object[][] getSQLResultSetBound(Connection c,String s,
JdbcParm... jdbcParms) {
		return null;
	}
}