[aspectj-users] AspectJ applied to JSP files on Tomcat6

I am trying to apply AspectJ to JSP files running in Tomcat. When I do that with a servlet (e.g. with a simple logging aspect), it works, however I try to apply the same to a JSP, no aspects is called.

Since the jsp files get compiled to Java file in the package org.apache.jsp, I figured that I should apply the aspect to org.apache.jsp.*, but nothing happens.

I didn't find a current explanation how to use AspectJ with Tomcat6, all articles seem to be about either older versions of Tomcat or about Servlets but not JSPs.

Back to the top