Re: [aspectj-users] Re: Need help getting AJDT 3.6 + Scala 2.8.0 plugins to

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Michael McCray <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have this very simple aspect:

Nice simple straightforward example ... can I persuade you to
contribute a description of this setup here,

  http://scala-ide.assembla.com/wiki/show/scala-ide/User_Documentation

> public aspect MyAspect1 {
>
>     public static void main(String[] args) {
>         System.out.println("hello world");
>         MyObject1.f2();
>     }
>     before() : call(* *..f2()) {
>         System.out.println("before hello world");
>     }
>     before() : execution(* *..f2()) {
>         System.out.println("before execution hello world");
>     }
> }
>
> that prints:
> before execution hello world
> before hello world
> before execution hello world
> hello there2
>
> and this scala definition:
> object MyObject1 {
>   def main(args : Array[String]) : Unit = {
>       println("hello there")
>   }
>   def f2() : Unit = {
>       println("hello there2")
>   }
> }
>
> both call and execution work, however, when I make an edit the Scala file
> looks broken until I do a clean compile

The error annotations here are due to the AJDT tooling trying to
interpret the Scala source as Java. I'm not sure who's best placed to
fix this: Andrew ... do you think this is one for me or one for you?

> in my aspectj project, I have the scala project in the inpath
> and the run configuration includes the scala-library.jar explicitly

Alternatively you can add the Scala classpath container to your
AspectJ project's .classpath.

Cheers,

Miles

--