Re: [aspectj-users] Re: aspectj-users Digest, Vol 62, Issue 20

> So I created a Scala project and an AspectJ project.
> When I add the AspectJ nature to the Scala project it breaks the Scala
> editor for Scala code.  What would it take to allow the AspectJ Builder to
> run after the Scala compile?

I'm guessing that it is not a problem of one compiler running after
another, but that you have two compilers trying to compile the same
code.  Are you seeing problems in the editor only, or are they actual
compile problems?

The aspectj compiler is likely accepting the scala files as source
files (which it doesn't know how to handle) and so it is failing.  I
tried this a while ago and found that it was not possible to combine
aj and scala in the same project since both compilers want to consume
the source files of the other language.

> I added a Scala project to the inpath of my AspectJ project and created some
> advice on a Scala class and it worked!  The only thing I had to do as add
> the Scala-library.jar to my AspectJ project manually, even though it should
> have picked it up from the exports of the Scala project.  Is this a bug
> somewhere?

It could be that this is a bug.  AJDT should be recognizing exported
jars from dependent projects.  Just make sure that Scala-library.jar
is marked as exported.  If it is and it is not being picked up by
AJDT, then it is a bug, could you raise a bugzilla issue for that,
please?

Back to the top