RE: [aspectj-users] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when compiling plain Java code (no aspects yet)

> > BTW: What are the plans, if any, to update the AspectJ compiler to a
> newer
> > upstream JDT compiler version?
>
> Not currently on the radar as I only get about 1 bug every couple of
> years that is due to a fix I'm missing from JDT - you were unlucky to
> be the one in the first thing you tried :)

Well, there seems to be another bug related to generics that I hit. The
original code compiled fine in Eclipse 3.5.2, but not so with AJDT. Will try
to isolate the problem into a small test case.

> I will likely do it when I create the 3 language compiler for
> groovy/java/aspectj.  That is a commonly voted on issue in bugzilla.
>
> Do you have some requirement that means I should look at it sooner?

Well, I encountered some bugs related to compiling plain Java code which
were fixed in later versions of the JDT compiler. If I suggest to management
to go with AspectJ there may be some questions raised about versions,
compatibility, and stability. If I could tell them that there were some bugs
that were fixed amazingly fast, but that an update to a supposedly more
stable upstream JDT compiler is under way, I could probably more easily
pacify their concerns.

But other than that, I'm still astonished how fast those two bugs were
fixed!

Martin

Back to the top