Re: [aspectj-users] Re: [aspectj-dev] AspectJ 1.6.9M1 released

Hi Simone,

Sure. But I was referring to the official documentation. If someone wants to learn the language quickly by reading a single structured document, the place to start is the The AspectJTM Programming Guide.  However, the latest date in the copyright notice is 2003. The rest of the document does not seem to have any references to dates or versions of the compiler/language. The other available structured, complementary document is The AspectJTM 5 Development Kit Developer's Notebook, which has a similar problem (latest copyright date from 2005). I do understand perfectly that time is scarce and thus priority is given to the language and its compiler, and to the AJDT. Hence my offer. If the community at large, or a few willing people, could contribute to the creation of a single, structured description of the language, it would be great. But I think the way to go would be to integrate the guide and the notebook into a coherent whole, and to bring it up to date, if possible striving to update it in pace with the evolution of the language and its compiler. Either the wiki or the CVS repository could be used for this purpose. My proposal of using the wiki was really only because it makes it much easier to contribute and thus might lead more people to contribute.

Regards,

Manuel