RE: [aspectj-users] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when compiling plain Java code (no aspects yet)

> not quite, AspectJ is based on the Eclipse JDT compiler v3.3.  Whether
> you are using AspectJ through AJDT or using it standalone, AspectJ is
> using JDT 3.3 (yes, this means you are being 'downgraded' under
> eclipse 3.4/3.5/3.6).  It doesn't move very often because the job of
> making a JDT compiler build Aspect aware is quite a messy job, so it
> really only gets done periodically when we know we need some bunch of
> fixes from JDT.

Okay, so I understood your blog entry right.

> If you had the time, you could try downloading Eclipse 3.3 and see if
> it builds the pure java.  if it doesn't then the bug is in JDT and we
> don't have the fix yet in AspectJ.  If it does build the code then it
> relates to how we extend Eclipse JDT.

But why would that help? The same AspectJ version is compiling the code just
fine in  Eclipse, while it fails to compile the code from Ant. Could this be
a classpath issue? Anyway, I will try to see if I can get my hands on
Eclipse 3.3.

> the stack mentions parameter annotations and index out of bounds.  If
> I were investigating, I've seen issues in that area with inner types.

The failing class doesn't have inner types (neither at the class nor at the
method level), it doesn't inherit from other classes, only implements two
interfaces. At least I'm now also able to trigger the failure by simply
running ajc against the source file in question.

Martin

Back to the top