[aspectj-users] writing around advice for an unknown method

Hello,

I have an urgent 'newbie' question and could not get the info from the docs and forums upon a brief search. I am confused about the around advice and calling proceed from within it.

I want to write an 'around' advice for a random method call (e.g. the pointcut call(* *(..)). For such pointcuts, I don't know about the matching method call and its return type. For instance, the method might return nothing (void) or a primitive or an object. How do I write the 'proceed' statement in this case?

Thanks in advance,
Arvind