[aspectj-users] adding local variables using aspect J

Hello All,

I am very new to AOP and aspectj. I have a little background in bytecode
instrumentation where I am freely able to intercept classes during load time
and add some local variables to selected methods to maintain my
instrumentation state during method execution. I know there is something
called inter type declaration in aspectj using which I can declare
fields/methods of classes that I know the names of. I really need to be able
to maintain some working state inside selected methods using local variables
(so that I don't have to worry about threads overwriting each others'
state). Can I accomplish this using aspectJ and if so, how? This would be
very helpful. I searched the forums and the net and there is surprisingly
less discussion around this topic. Also, how can I add members to classes if
I don't know their names in advance (while intercepting them during load
time). Please help. Thanks in advance

-Arvind