[aspectj-users] loading and traversing aspects (.aj files)

Hello Aspectj Community,
I am a newbie to AspectJ and AJDT world. I am currently working with a aj implementation. In aspectj project I have aspects and java files (.aj and .java files).For the start I am working out with  simple example of "helloworld" for developing a simple prototype. I have two java classes A.java, B.java and one aspect C.aj. C.aj has something like

- If A.java and B.java are running, than put additional functionality (for example extend A.java with additional functionality if B.java is selected).

A.java

sayA()
{print "sayA"}

B.java

sayB()
{print "sayB"}

C.aj (if A.java and B.java both are enable)

sayAandB()
{put "And" after running A.java and then execute B.java}

after executing ant script build.xml

print "SayA" "and" "SayB"

I would like to implement a incremental builder plug-in which will run in the eclipse runtime environment and  traverse the .aj file and give me information like which java classes are affected? My questions are

  • What could be the possible starting point?
  • Do I have to workout with AjAST? although in the project I dont have many aspects in the project implementation.
  • Can I traverse .aj file without creating AST?
  • Is it possible to load .aj files using some code? (for example in my case can I load C.aj file with some code?)

 Can you help me with this. I didn't get too far with the tutorial "Developer's guide to building tools on top of AJDT and AspectJ".

best regards
--
SAAD

Back to the top