Re: [aspectj-users] Using AspectJ with EJB3

I have a JBoss EJB that uses Java classes with annotations that are advised with compile time AspectJ.  I don't actually advise the stateless session bean, but I do use advised code in it.  Do you want more details?

Mike

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Ron DiFrango <rdifrango@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nikhil/Andy,

I am guessing you are likely reading this type of information because the EJB3 platform already has built-in support for interceptors via the javax.interceptor.Interceptors annotation.

Ron DiFrango
From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andy Clement [andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 2:41 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Using AspectJ with EJB3

Hi,

Can you point me to any of those comments?  I'm not aware of any
problems with using AspectJ and EJB3.  Unfortunately I don't have any
examples to share with you though... maybe someone else can provide
some?

cheers,
Andy

On 2 March 2010 05:48, Nikhil Kumar <nikhilkumar_99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Reviewing the comments on the web, it seems that the feeling is that AspectJ
> will not work as an interceptor on EJB3.
> Any comments/ suggestions / examples?
> Thanks,
> Nikhil

Michael D. McCray
(314) 596-AOP1
Consultant - Technology Partners, Inc.
President - Object Nirvana, Inc.
Maker of
My People Database
- automation for what you do with your friends and family, and a place to store your stories and information.
Website: http://www.mypeopledatabase.com/
Transcendental Beans Database
- an aspect oriented database system,
  the future of data storage