Re: [aspectj-users] Problem in adding aspect in a Java Project.

There is no specific reason for not converting a Java Project into an AspectJ
project.

I have already added Java project and I wanted to know if there is any way
to add aspects in it without converting it into an AspectJ project.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Andy Clement wrote:

> The project must use the AspectJ compiler to build or the aspects will
> have no effect.  In order to use the AspectJ compiler, the project
> needs the AspectJ nature (ie. it needs to be an AspectJ project).  In
> a pure java project, you may write aspects in .aj files, or annotation
> style aspects in .java files, but they won't do anything until a
> compiler is being used that recognizes them.
>
> Is there a reason you cannot convert it into an AspectJ project?
>
> You could mess around and create an Ant build step in your java
> project that calls the aspectj weaver, but it would be rather ugly and
> you wouldn't get the UI feedback about what aspects match where (and
> you wouldn't get proper incremental compilation either).
>
> Andy
>
> 2010/1/19 Yogesh Patil <patilyogeshp@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> I do not want to convert Java Project into AspectJ project... I want to
>> add
>> aspects in existing Java Project without converting it into AspectJ
>> project.
>>
>> Is it possible by any means to add aspects to Java Project?
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Yogesh.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Simone Gianni <simoneg@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> With which you create a new AspectJ project. Otherwise you can convert
>>> the
>>> existing java project in an AspectJ project, by right clicking on the
>>> project, the selecting Configure -> Convert to AspectJ project.
>>>
>>> In both cases, you need to have AJDT installed, which is the Eclipse
>>> plugin for aspectj.
>>>
>>> Simone
>>>
>>> --
>>> Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
>>> http://www.simonegianni.it/

-----
Yogesh Patil.