Re: [aspectj-users] Force only aspects to attach JMX annotations

If you really don't want to allow code to use the annotation, you could eliminate the classpath entry that provides it for the compilation of the particular code.  That may be too broad I imagine though, but how much more would be affected?

Mike

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Victor Kirk <Victor.Kirk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe you could use apt to report these warnings?

From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wim Deblauwe
Sent: 23 December 2009 12:57
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] Force only aspects to attach JMX annotations

Hi,

In our codebase, we use the spring @ManagedResource annotation to expose things via JMX. Sometimes, this is put on the class directly and sometimes it is done via an aspect. Would it be possible to declare a warning when this is done on the class directly. I would like to force that everything is done via an aspect.
Is it possible to know that the @ManagedResource annotation was introduced via an aspect?

When do the declare warning statements happen? Is this after the declare @type statements? Note that we are talking about 2 different aspects (1 architectural aspect that enforces and 1 aspect per service that I want to expose over JMX), so maybe the correct precedence might help?

regards,

Wim

Michael D. McCray
Consultant - Technology Partners, Inc.
President - Object Nirvana, Inc.
Maker of
My People Database
- automation for what you do with your friends and family, and a place to store your stories and information.
Website: http://www.mypeopledatabase.com/
Transcendental Beans Database
- an aspect oriented database system,
  the future of data storage