Re: [aspectj-users] IntelliJ IDEA and AspectJ

2009/12/11 Wim Deblauwe <wim.deblauwe@xxxxxxxxx>:
> What I mostly need is a way to be sure that my aspects apply where they
> should. In AJDT, you get the gutter markers that helps a lot. Is there a
> command line tool (or maven plugin) that would produce a report of where my
> aspect applies?

ajc -showWeaveInfo is the command line tool.  Your own message handler
can be plugged into ajc if you want to collect the information and
report it in some other way.

> Right now, I have some aspects in my code (Using the normal aspectj syntax,
> because we want to be able to use declare warning and error). Those have
> been written by people using Eclipse. Here I am with my IntelliJ, having
> refactered some of the java code and seeing that the advice pointcuts do not
> apply anymore. I don't seem to have any means of debugging the pointcuts.
> Are other people also in this situation or is everybody using AJDT ?

Annotation style does support Declare error/warning
(http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/adk15notebook/ataspectj-declare.html)
- but you would still need to use ajc to do the compilation so that
they can be applied.

I have heard from someone lately that is working on AspectJ weaving
integration into IntelliJ - but unfortunately I don't know the current
or future feature set.

Andy