Re: [aspectj-users] IntelliJ IDEA and AspectJ

Apparently, there already is an AspectJ plugin for IntelliJ (and it
works on 9.0):
http://intellij.expertsystems.se/aspectj.html
However, it does not seem very complete since only annotation style is
supported.

If there is support for creating an IntelliJ plugin, I will be able to
provide some advice (no pun intended), but will not contribute to it
due to a conflict of interest (I already work on STS).

One of the benefits of building AspectJ tool support on Eclipse (as
opposed to other IDEs) is that ajc is a modified jdt compiler.
Although datastructures are not shared between ajc and the eclipse
runtime, they are analogous and so translating between the two is
simplified.  It would not be the same on IntelliJ.