[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [aspectj-users] IntelliJ IDEA and AspectJ
- From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:25:18 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:reply-to:received :in-reply-to:references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=lLrzkjRtDCj7hTrvbSBeLoV4r3ratBHto3t1f4oyEGg=; b=b+lqmBdR+pfznTQZwqYZDtRBMSNUz9ze8lPEbDH+Cy9TmE2o81ESEnBZKKNwAkzOOR GslLGAdut46eM1/dOjAPprunUDbtFcFZRvRfxV6cjjaIjN7Llcwzx0S/32lAZSQgn1TL 6CcYHtNqIvv/sW0Wfw5871XmZlKzmka67xCyw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=ck474D/5HgINaoX+V3kgrZsPJw51zYSi+Htafc6sY68mZtG+/gMok2y02tNzWXndt9 MGNSGXwEgvwoVS2lNCRguUSS4rdqUq5InzB7fh42DqZ2u/6yR6/k8fvncm47X60/xHFc cRjBKCRoPoqHUDYdAVqeEDg87sHXdv4nxn5yA=
Apparently, there already is an AspectJ plugin for IntelliJ (and it
works on 9.0):
However, it does not seem very complete since only annotation style is
If there is support for creating an IntelliJ plugin, I will be able to
provide some advice (no pun intended), but will not contribute to it
due to a conflict of interest (I already work on STS).
One of the benefits of building AspectJ tool support on Eclipse (as
opposed to other IDEs) is that ajc is a modified jdt compiler.
Although datastructures are not shared between ajc and the eclipse
runtime, they are analogous and so translating between the two is
simplified. It would not be the same on IntelliJ.
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Wim Deblauwe <wim.deblauwe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IntelliJ 9.0 has been released with support for all kinds of languages (some
> of which are very new), but not AspectJ, although this great language exists
> for 10 years already. Do you think we should start a petition to try to get
> AspectJ support in the next IntelliJ version or all you guys all very happy
> with Eclipse and could not care less?
> I think that if at least 1 major competitor would also have AspectJ support,
> it would greatly enhance the adaption of AOP in general in AspectJ in
> I did send an email to jetbrains about it and it should be possible to do in
> a plugin, given enough resources. Are there people here interested in
> starting such a project? Should we start a petition to make jetbrains do it?
> ;) Should SpringSource sponser it to help AspectJ adoption and their Spring
> Roo project that heavely uses it? Without proper AspectJ support in other
> IDE's, your are stuck to Eclipse and IntelliJ is just too great to switch to
> I would like to hear your thoughts on this.
> aspectj-users mailing list