[aspectj-users] Are you loadtime weaving? What do your include/exclude patterns look like?

At the moment AspectJ optimizes for only a couple of include/exclude
patterns - I'd like to optimize some more and am collecting input on
what patterns people are using?

Here is an example aop.xml file

<aspectj>
  <aspects>
  <aspect name="Logging"/>
  </aspects>
  <weaver options="-verbose">
              <include within="javax..*"/>
              <include within="org.aspectj.*"/>
              <include within="@NoWeave *"/>
              <exclude within="bar.*"/>
  </weaver>
</aspectj>

I'm interested in the kind of thing you might be specifying as within
patterns in the weaver include/exclude settings.

AspectJ currently optimizes for com.foo.* and com.foo..* style
patterns *only*.  Are you:
- using annotations?
- using compound patterns with AND/OR/NOT?
- doing something funky?

I guess I'm also interested in how many you have - just a couple? 10? 50?

Let me know and if there look like some very popular patterns that
seem worth trying to speed up, I'll try and do so for 1.6.7

cheers,
Andy

Back to the top