Re: [aspectj-users] New intertype syntax ...new meaning?

Andy,

I haven't used the 'declare warning' pattern with ITDs you showed in a while. But you are right that there are use cases where the distinction between the lexical scope of the introduced members matters.

I guess one if the question to ponder: what is the interaction between within() and the new syntax-introduced members. For Roo-like usage, where aspects are used in "open classes" spirit, it seems that selection through within() should match even the code in the "intertype" (assuming that is the syntax AspectJ goes with) blocks.

Alternatively, within() maintains its strict lexical scope selection criteria and we introduce another pointcut (within+()?) to select intertyped elements.

-Ramnivas