Re: [aspectj-users] Compiler problem when building with Maven

Andy Clement schrieb:
> Do you think this NPE may be what is triggering the crash out of the
> maven build process? I'm guessing something must have changed to
> start triggering this issue - did you switch compiler levels, or
> change something else?

Hi Andy,

so it seems we've gotten two different problems here.
Generally speaking, we're in the transition from building with Ant
to a Maven based build; and in order to get it working, we've splitted
up our project into dependent modules and now are working our way up
through the dependency hierarchy to make things first compile
(and later run again on the server).

That said -- it's thus a bit difficult to compare the "previous"
and the new situation. Anyway, building the rearranged projects
in Eclipse (AspectJ = 1.6.6.20090930185500) works.
>From the AJCore I see that the 1.3-SNAPSHOT version of the
maven/AspecJ plugin uses AspectJ 1.6.5 from 20090618-034232

* the IllegalStateException from the first AJCore (attached to my mail)
  seems to be connected to an "perthis" aspect. (I am about to try to
  get this one more isolated). We saw this exception several times the
  last days on slightly different (generic) types, but always in
  conjunction with this aspect.

* the Null pointer exception from the AJCore attached to Maxim's mail
  seems to be triggered by missing dependencies, judging from the
  compiler messages immediately before the stacktrace (see bottom
  of the AJCore). We changed the project dependencies in order
  to avoid weaving in the aspect known to trigger the first
  problem -- but anyway, missing dependencies are something
  that can be sorted out.

Hermann V.

Back to the top