Re: [aspectj-users] How to use a constructor pointcut in a pertarget aspect

Hi Andrew,

thanks, i changed it in the suggested way.

I've got one last question. I'm trying to capture the finalize calls of the IO objects.

The pointcut(s) I use are these:

public pointcut writerFinalize() : call(void finalize())
            &&(target(FileWriter)||target(PrintWriter));
public pointcut randomAccessFileFinalize() : call(void finalize())
     &&target(RandomAccessFile);

public pointcut finalizeAll() : writerFinalize() || randomAccessFileFinalize() || ...

the advice:

    after() : finalizeAll(){
        System.err.println("finalize...");
        close(thisJoinPoint.getTarget());
    }

I added the JRE to the inpath

Again, the warning "advice has not been applied" occurs.

Changing the pointcuts into execution-pointcuts, the warning disappears, although the advice isn't executed.
In addition, I tried to change the advice into before(): finalizeAll(), without success.
Is there a possibility to capture finalize at all?
Or does the execution-pointcut apply and it is simply the VM that does not call finalize?

Christoph