Re: [aspectj-users] Proposal of a Patch for Scala

> 1.  Where and how do I get this dev build and corresponding sources, possibly through Maven?

I spoke prematurely about the dev build - a bit of wierdness on the
build machine stopped it running the tests successfully. I've kicked
off another build which should appear shortly (I'll keep an eye on it
today).

I'm afraid the dev builds never make it into maven.  The next release
containing the fix will be AspectJ 1.6.7 in December - that will be in
maven.  Dev builds are here:

http://eclipse.org/aspectj/downloads.php

(but as I said, you will need one from today, not yesterdays)

I don't make sources available for the dev builds, just the releases -
that process isn't automated so it is a pain.  Although all the code
is in CVS of course.  Only a couple of source files are any different
to the 1.6.6 source attachment, the main one being the one changed by
the patch I applied to address your issue.

> 2. I activate load-time weaving in a Spring XML like so:

For compile time weaving.  install AJDT into your eclipse, convert
your project to an AspectJ project and put the spring aspects jar on
your aspectpath.  When it builds the aspects will be applied based on
your @Configurable annotation (I believe).  If on the command line,
use iajc instead of javac to compile your code and put the spring
aspects jar on the aspect path.  Or continue to use javac but add an
iajc step after that to binary weave the javac output (again with the
spring aspects jar on the aspect path for the iajc call).

Andy