[aspectj-users] selecting join points using annotations

Greetings,

I have a need to leverage AOP to encrypt certain POJO setter String args prior to persisting them to the database
and to decrypt certain POJO getter methods return String values after they have retrieved String data from the database.
I wanted to do this using annotations. For example:

@Encrypt
public void setCreditCardNumber(String ccn) ...

@Decrypt
public String getCreditCardNumber()...

I've looked into the Security Annotations Framework (http://safr.sourceforge.net/)
and it looked promising, however, it can only be used if you are using Maven to build
your project. Unfortunately, I have no immediate plans to use Maven.

I haven't found any similar projects which simply use Ant tags; so I'm attempting to "roll my own" solution.

I've read through the AspectJ language docs and haven't found any information on selecting join points using annotations.
I browsed the docs on AspectJ 5 Developers Notebook regarding annotations, but it doesn't look like what I need.
I only want the methods selected by AspectJ if they have been properly identified using an annotation.

Is this possible with the current AspectJ version?

/robert

Back to the top