Re: [aspectj-users] how to capture method joinpoints in EJB3 session bean interface?

Here is my suggestion, which I posted to the newsgroup.  Reposting it
here in order to reach the larger audience of the mailing list.

------------
One thing that you can do is create an abstract aspect that defines the
advice and an abstract pointcut.  People who want to use your aspect need to
create a concrete aspect and instantiate the pointcut.

Eg-

abstract aspect AbstractSessionBeanAspect {
  protected abstract pointcut sessionBeanMethods();

  before() : sessionBeanMethods() {
   // do something

  }
}

aspect MySessionBeanAspect extends AbstractSessionBeanAspect {
  protected pointcut sessionBeanMethods() : execution(
SessionBeanInterface.*(..));
}