RE: [aspectj-users] problems with aj and verbose

I believe I have, but I will do that again.

Thanks.

J.Lu

From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andy Clement
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 6:08 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] problems with aj and verbose

Hi,

Have you tried just turning on the verbose options in the aop.xml?

cheers,
Andy

2009/7/2 Johnson Lu <johnson.lu@optier.com>

Hi from a aj newbie:

I have modified aj by setting –Daj.weaving.verbose=true, but no logging messages are forth coming.

Worse, if I set

-Dorg.aspectj.tracing.enabled=true  –Dorg.aspectj.tracing.factory=default –Dorg.aspectj.debug=true

then I get …

java.lang.Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: recursive invocation

I am using sdk1.4 (although this happens regardless of the sdk version)  and aj1.5 and aj1.6

So my question really is: how do I get verbose output from the weaver if using aj (i.e. using sdk1.4 and NOT setting javaagent).

Thanks.

J.Lu