Re: [aspectj-users] Is there a way to binary weave selected classes from ant?

Yes, this is because the inpath argument will take all files located at a particular source root, run them through the weaver, and spit the results out at a different location.  It doesn't make sense to do this to only a subset of files at a location.

Rather than trying to fiddle with the inpath argument, a better approach would be to tailor your aspects so that they only touch the subset of files that you are interested in (eg- using the within(<type_pattern>) pointcut.