[aspectj-users] Re: point cut on:: Annotated field + new ArrayList()

Any update please? :(

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Ravi Chandra <ravi.eze@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi,

Any update on this please.

Issue:
1. I have a variable defined with annotation
2, This variable is being assigned to an ArrayList

Now, i want to intercept this call and execute a logic by AOP. In the interception
1. I should be able to access the annotated value
2. Return a new object called MYLIst

The below mail therad is abt the same,
1. If i use set(* *List) then i cant access the annotation
2. If i use the below its (in eclipse) is throwing compilation errors

    pointcut listCut(LIST in) : set(@LIST* (*) * ) && @annotation(in);

    ArrayList around( LIST in) :listCut(in){
        System.out.println("**annotation " + thisJoinPoint + " ann:"
                + in.value());
        return new MyList();
    }

The java class i want to intercept::

    public static void main(String[] argv) {
        UserAttributes u = new UserAttributes();
        u.alias = new ArrayList();
    }

Any ideas where i am going wrong? Please help.

Regards,
Ravi