RE: [aspectj-users] is the source and target properties mandatory on the iajc task

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Anthony

From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ramnivas Laddad
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:43 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] is the source and target properties mandatory on the iajc task

I agree that the default <iajc> behavior should match that of <javac> (although, we will need to be careful here, since this will break existing builds). I was just pointing that relying on default behavior isn't a best practice. For example, when we build the Spring Framework, we explicitly set the source and target to 1.5, even though my machine has only Java 6 installed on it. Essentially, building an application need to consider machines on which the application is going to be deployed and not the local machine.

-Ramnivas