[aspectj-users] Joinpoint method signature matches superclass and not the referenced class

Hi, I'm having trouble creating a method signature and I wonder if it is FaD.

I'm trying to create a pattern for 'declare warning' that identifies all method calls to classes that do not have the annotation - @PublicAPI. The annotation is on the referenced class, not its methods.

The pattern I am using is:
declare warning : call(* (!@PublicAPI *).*(..)) : "Non public API usage";

In the following case I don't expect a warning but one is generated:

public class Main
{
        // Generates warning even though C is @PublicAPI
        new C().doIt();
    }
}

@PublicAPI
class C implements IC
{
    public void doIt() {
    }
}

public interface IC
{
    public void doIt();
}

Shouldn't the signature match doIt() in C and not the one in IC since only C is referenced in Main?

Thanks,
Steve

Back to the top