Re: [aspectj-users] Issues with @DeclareParents and @DeclareMixin

2009/6/17 Dunstan, Tom (SACE Board) <TomD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Just for fun, I then uninstalled the AJDT and installed the dev version 2.0.0.e34x-20090616-1700 which bundles AspectJ version: 1.6.5.20090612153600. Both aspects apply fine to classes in the same project. When trying to apply them to my client project, the ParentsAspect does the same thing as 1.6.4, but the MixinAspect causes an AspectJ Internal Compiler Error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.aspectj.asm.internal.ProgramElement.addChild(ProgramElement.java:398)
at org.aspectj.weaver.model.AsmRelationshipProvider.addChildNodes(AsmRelationshipProvider.java:611)
at org.aspectj.weaver.model.AsmRelationshipProvider.createHierarchy(AsmRelationshipProvider.java:425)
at org.aspectj.weaver.model.AsmRelationshipProvider.addRelationship(AsmRelationshipProvider.java:121)
at org.aspectj.weaver.bcel.B ... OKEINTERFACE java.lang.Runnable.run ()V
                   RETURN   (line 17)
 end public static void main(String[])
end public class ctest.Foo

The @DeclareMixin has had basic testing, but looks like you found a bug with it - i'll fix this today (if I can recreate it).  I kind of see @DeclareMixin as a replacement for @DeclareParents as it offers a nicer more flexible syntax - so I'd prefer it that approach was used moving forward.  Do you have a preference?

Andy

Back to the top