RE: [aspectj-users] Issues with @DeclareParents and @DeclareMixin

> Firstly on compiler versions - is your ASPECTJ_HOME set to pick up something old, or something wierd lying around on your classpath?

OK, turns out it was ASPECTJ_HOME, but I never thought to look for that because I had never explicitly set it myself. I think that maybe I had run the ajc compiler from 1.6.3 at an earlier time in the same console and it had silently set ASPECTJ_HOME (grr stupid windows batch file behaviour). It seemed reasonable to expect that I was picking up the right version since I was explicitly calling the batch file in the place that the installer had put it... Perhaps batch files installed by the installer should either hard-code the jar paths so as not to be dependant on the outside environment or should issue a warning if the environment ASPECTJ_HOME doesn't match the directory that it was installed in.

> You do appear to have found a bug with annotation style decp  - i'll report back on that tomorrow.

OK, thanks!

Yes, the mixin style now works for me from the command line as well. When I get a chance I'll test out eclipse AJDT 1.6.4 / 2.0.0RC in a vanilla ganymede and see if the same issues that I was experiencing are occurring there.

Thanks very much

Tom

Back to the top