[aspectj-users] Re: maven examples please

Found answer at: http://toolslab.com/content/fixing-java-15-source-problems-with-aspectj-maven-plugin-154

Captain Haddock wrote:
ok so I was on the right lines .. however I am using annotations and my compile fails as shown below:

[INFO] [aspectj:compile {execution: default}]
[ERROR] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 5.0
[ERROR] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 5.0
[ERROR] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 5.0
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Compiler errors :
error at @Aspect
^^^^^^
C:\aop-aspects\src\main\java\aspects\AppAspect.aj:27:0::0 Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 5.0
error at @Pointcut("initialization(foo.App.new(..))")
^^^^
C:\aop-aspects\src\main\java\aspects\AppAspect.aj:30:0::0 Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 5.0
error at @AfterReturning("appConstructor()")
^^^^^^^^^^
C:\aop-aspects\src\main\java\aspects\AppAspect.aj:33:0::0 Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 5.0

I have tried directing the compiler with the following:

      <plugin>
        <version>2.0.2</version>
        <configuration>
          <source>1.5</source>