[aspectj-users] Annotations to pieces of advice

Hi all.

I am having a problem with the following piece of advice:

	@name("foo")
	after(Object o): execution(* foo()) && target(o) {
		System.err.println("foo");
	}

As you can see, it is annotated, and I am looking for a way to
"discover" the annotation "foo" for this piece of advice at runtime.
However, when I inspect the annotations for the advice method that ajc
produces for this piece of advice, then instead I only get the
following annotation:

@org.aspectj.lang.annotation.After(argNames=o, value=(execution(*
foo()) && target(o)))

I assume that ajc adds this annotation as an artifact of the weaving
process, which is nice, but it also seems as ajc does not preserver
the additional annotation that I added to the advice. Is this a bug?
Or how else am I supposed to find out at runtime whether or not an
advice carries an annotation?

Cheers,
Eric

--