[aspectj-users] Initialization + Annoation Pointcut

I'm trying to write a pointcut that will inject advice after any class with the @WebService annotation is instantiated.

I've tried dozens of different combinations of pointcut logic and nothing seems to work correctly.

My latest attempt is this:

after() : execution(*.new(..)) && @annotation(WebService) && ! within(HOGAspect)

I would also be wiling to use a class name wildcard like ?ServiceImpl but I can't a match for that either.

The purpose of the advice is to instantiate a performance collection object for each of these classes that is instantiated. Then another pointcut will catch all of the method executions and collection stats about timing,etc...

I thought that aspectj would be a perfect match for this, but 3 hours and many attempts later and nothing is matching.

Any help / ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks!

--
Evan

Back to the top