Re: [aspectj-users] class missing from eclipse deployment

On May 12, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Andrew Eisenberg wrote:

How is the jar file being created in Eclipse?

How should the jar file be created? I can take a peek at the settings.

You are saying, I think, that when using maven, your jar is being
properly created, but it is not being properly created in Eclipse?

Yes

Are you aware of the "Export Jar file with AspectJ Support" option in
the export menu?

I am not aware of the "Export Jar file with AspectJ Support" option in the export menu.

The software architect on this project set all this up, but only got as far as getting the maven task to build the jar. He then handed it off to me to learn aspectJ and create the aspects that we require. Our project is a web application that uses Spring, but now we are introducing aspectj to the project. The Aspects are to be contained in a separate jar file that can be deployed outside of the web app in an OSGI container... in the future. Right now we use Jetty and are able to successfully deploy our web application with the other supporting libraries (jars) via eclipse through the Jetty service adapter for debugging. Our release product is built using maven into a web app that is completely self contained with jetty and some other stuff. So the Aspects are to be LTW to support another jar within the web app, if that matters.

This is all new to me, so please feel free to ask me what setting to go look at etc... I'll try to accommodate as best I can :-)

Wade Girard
wade.girard@xxxxxxxxx

Back to the top