From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andy Clement [andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 4:58 AM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Enabling xml config for WeavingAdaptor

Is it definetly not reading your file?  if weaving javax packages then
that needs some fiddling so that the javax packages are loaded by the
same loader against which this weaver is configured.  Have you
specified something like "-verbose" to see whether it then behaves
like it has picked up the file?

the setXmlFiles() method on BcelWorld is not for configuring it with
options, it is for passing in aspect scopes - something only half
implemented in the codebase so far.

you are more likely to get further with
performExtraConfiguration(String config) where config is the value of
-Xset, so "weaveJavaxPackages=true" but iirc you must make that call
very early on, before the weaver is used.  I haven't tried any of this
though...

Andy.