Re: [aspectj-users] Issue with AJDT automatically adding aspect path to build path

Your suggestion is a possibility.  This is a general problem with
using classpath containers (such as the one that ivy uses).  This
problem also appears when using the PDE and wanting to add a
particular to the aspect path of another plugin.

The difficulty with implementing this feature is that although AJDT
creates the classpath and aspect path that is sent to the compiler,
JDT is still performing correctness checks on it.  So, even if AJDT
chooses not to send a particular classpath entry to the compiler
(because it is a dupluicate from elsewhere), JDT will still complain
that the classpath is invalid.  I need to find a way around this,
though.

This has been a long standing problem and it should be addressed.  Can
you please raise an enhancement request for this on bugzilla?

--a

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Jeffrey Sinclair <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could the AJDT plugin be updated to either remove this automated
> addition to the classpath or have a checkbox to turn off automatically
> adding jars on the aspect path to the classpath?

Back to the top