Re: [aspectj-users] refactoring code

Hi Mike,

There is currently no refactoring support for pointcuts.  So, if a
pointcut refers to a name that has changed, there will be no
notification of this.

This is something that has been discussed many times in the past, but
so far there has not been any proposed solution intregrated into AJDT.

In earlier versions of AJDT, there was a crosscutting comparisons
view, which would allow you to see how your crosscutting model has
changed compared to an earlier version of the model.  This feature,
unfortunately, had to be removed due to incompatibilities with the new
mechanism for creating the crosscutting model introduced in 1.6.1
(what was lost in functionality was made up for by significant
compilation speedup).

I would recommend that you raise a bug for pointcut-aware refactoring
on bugzilla and if you are interested in contributing to the project,
we can help guide you along.

--a