From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Morten Simonsen
Sent: 05 April 2009 21:38
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] Running AspectJ in any J2EE environment

Hi

I made my own aspect for the first time yesterday, cool. I think I can
like it! Then I tried to copy the code into my Web project (Tomcat
5.5)
in Eclipse....which didn't like it! I changed some .project-stuff and
at
least it compiled. But my other servlets wouldn't run anymore.

Now I started to think a little-does AspectJ require it's own special
compiler? I read a little about running the thing on JBoss..and found
something about installing this and that to make aspects work.

More thinking...will it require special "this-and-that" on every J2EE
server I want to run my application on? (This is the real question)

Or can I just throw the AspectJ-jar file with my app and deploy it
anywhere? (Same question, different wrapping)

Thanks for any advise;)

Morten Simonsen
IMPORTANT NOTICE.
Confidentiality:  This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error.
Security Warning:  Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium.
We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.
Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.
Monitoring and Scanning:  Cambridge Cognition has monitoring and scanning systems in place in relation to emails sent and received to: monitor / record business communications; prevent and detect crime; investigate the use of the Company's internal and external email system; and provide evidence of compliance with business practices.

Cambridge Cognition Limited
Company Registration Number 4338746
Registered address:
Tunbridge Court