[aspectj-users] Running AspectJ in any J2EE environment

Hi

I made my own aspect for the first time yesterday, cool. I think I can like it! Then I tried to copy the code into my Web project (Tomcat 5.5) in Eclipse....which didn't like it! I changed some .project-stuff and at least it compiled. But my other servlets wouldn't run anymore.

Now I started to think a little-does AspectJ require it's own special compiler? I read a little about running the thing on JBoss..and found something about installing this and that to make aspects work.

More thinking...will it require special "this-and-that" on every J2EE server I want to run my application on? (This is the real question)

Or can I just throw the AspectJ-jar file with my app and deploy it anywhere? (Same question, different wrapping)

Thanks for any advise;)

Morten Simonsen

Back to the top