Re: [aspectj-users] A pointcut to match all static methods in a class with some restrictions

Hi Andy,

thanks for your previous comments. I finally found the time to look into this more deeply and I realized that I don't understand how ,and thus which kinds of pointcuts can be determined statically, and which parts do always require a runtime check.

Almost obviously I'd guess that cflow requires a runtime check.
But for example target() could be both, depending on the precise semantics (weave only when the type checker can guarantee the type, or weave always and do a runtime check...)

To cut a long story short, I've searched for documentation on this and couldn't find any. Since my understanding of the inner workings of Java and AspectJ is too limited to be able to correctly guess these things, is there any place I can go and look?

Thanks,
Jochen

Back to the top