Re: [aspectj-users] Re: aspectj-users Digest, Vol 49, Issue 22

It sounds like it might be a bug to me.  In all cases where a type not being found results in an incomplete analysis (we don't know whether to weave something or not) then you should get the cantFindType xlint message (our equivalent to the ClassNotFoundException).

And if the type is only required for analysis (it is not intended to be woven) then it only needs to be on the classpath and not the inpath.

If you can give me any more specific details in a bug report then I will look into it.

cheers,
Andy.