Re: [aspectj-users] pointcut clash (?)

I'm impleting a lazy loader, that is a component that loads complex data
structures (e.g., lists, hashmaps) only on demand. The idea is that each
instance variable annotated with a custom annotation is not loaded immediatly
(as the object construction happens) but only when such variable is accessed.
This is the pointcut that realizes the above:

 pointcut lazyLoaderRequired( LazyLoading loadingProperties, FilteredLoader
mySelf ) :
                                    (
                                      get( @LazyLoading
Collection<StatefullDatabaseObject+>+ StatefullDatabaseObject+.* )
                                      get( @LazyLoading
Map<SerializableObject+,
DatabaseObject+>+ SerializableObject+.* )
                                      get( @LazyLoading
Map<SerializableObject+,
StatelessDatabaseObject+>+ SerializableObject+.* )
                                    )
                                    &&
                                    @annotation( loadingProperties )
                                    &&
                                    this( mySelf )
                                    &&
                                    (! execution( public void
FilteredLoader.loadFilteredData(Class) ) )
                                    &&
                                    (! cflow(adviceexecution()) )
                                    ;

each time I perform a "get" on a complex data structure within a
StatefullDatabaseObject, the pointcut intercepts such calls. The advice is the
following:

before( LazyLoading loadingProperties, FilteredLoader mySelf) :
lazyLoaderRequired( loadingProperties, mySelf)  {
        // perform standard lazy loading
        this.performLazyLoading(loadingProperties, mySelf, false);

    }

The idea behing the advice is that each time a "get" happens on a complex data
structure, the aspect checks an internal cache to see if such complex data
structure has been loaded yet or not. In the case it has not been loaded it
loads, otherwise pull it from the cache. The last parameter (false) of the
performLazyLoading(..) does this: if false searches the cache before loading
the objects, if true never checks the cache and loads the object (i.e., this
flag suppresses lazy loading).
All the above works great.

Now there are special cases where I want the lazy loading mechanism to be
forced, that is the aspect should intercepts particular conditions and force a
method of the DatabaseDialog+ or all the methods of the QueryElements+. This
conditions extend the above pointcut definition, and therefore the pointcut
should be:

 pointcut lazyLoaderForced( LazyLoading loadingProperties, FilteredLoader
mySelf) :
                                cflow( lazyLoaderRequired( loadingProperties,
mySelf) )
                                &&
                                (
                                execution( public boolean
DatabaseDialog+.perform*() throws
DatabaseException )
                                execution( public JComboBox
QueryElements.*(..) )
                                execution( * DatabaseDialog+.*(..) )

                                )
                                ;

and the corresponding advice should change the suppress-lazy-loading flag:

before( LazyLoading loadingProperties, FilteredLoader mySelf ):
lazyLoaderForced( loadingProperties, mySelf)  {
        // perform forced lazy loading
        this.performLazyLoading(loadingProperties, mySelf, true);
    }

Now what happens is that, checking with debugger, println, and observing
program misbehaviour, the lazyLoadingForced advice does not work for
DatabaseDialog+ and QueryElements+ methods. It is like the lazyLoadingRequired
works  before the forced one. This is what lead me think there's a pointcut
clash, but probably I'm doing a wrong pointcut definition.

Luca