Re: [aspectj-users] Problems with AJDT 1.6.4 RC

Hi Thomas,

> I also don't understand why
> com.dcx.ivkmds.common.businessobjects.persistent/binaries is said to be
> the path where the advice lives. Actually it is in project (and path)
> com.dcx.ivkmds.fwk.common.ass.persist.internal. The
> com.dcx.ivkmds.fwk.common.ass.persist.internal/bin folder is linked to
> the com.dcx.ivkmds.common.businessobjects.persistent project (and path)
> because it is configured as aspect path.

AJDT has problems adding cross cutting relationships to elements in
linked folders.  This is because AspectJ only handles absolute path
names, but AJDT knows about the linked name.  This could be what is
causing the problem here.

As Andy mentioned, this is an AJDT issue, not an AspectJ issue and
your code should be running fine.  This means that navigation will not
work from where the advice is applied to the aspect where it is
defined.  I would be surprised if this worked in earlier versions of
AJDT.

This is a known problem, but one that we cannot address in 1.6.4.
However, it is something that we can look into for 1.6.5.

Also, as Andy implied, performing the model checking (especially for
large projects) can be time consuming.  It only runs if the AJDT event
viewer is open.  If you are noticing slow downs with 1.6.4, please let
us know and we'll fix it as soon as we can.

Back to the top