[aspectj-users] No warning for class not found in parameter type

I just spent hours tracking down a problem which turned out to be a peculiarity in AspectJ. I have a pointcut

pointcut setter(PropertyChangeSupported b): execution(void set*(*)) && this(b);

which I use to pick out setters of a bean. The advice that uses this pointcut was not being applied when the parameter to the method was a non-primitive type. After much investigation I determined that the classes at issue were not specified in the inpath; adding them solved the problem. I use a tightly controlled inpath to minimize the amount of time that the AspectJ compiler spends when running. The behavior of simply ignoring those methods was very unexpected to me; it seems that some sort of warning should have been issued. Thoughts?

Back to the top