[aspectj-users] Exceptions

Hello,
  I was hoping you could help me with a problem I have:
I want to instrument calls to InputStream.read(). This method migtht throw an exception. The problem is that in the application I want to instrument contains a class that
implements InputStream but its read() method signature does not contain a throw declaration. Thus, the compilation fails.
I use an around advice which throws an IOException. If I declare the around advice without the throws clause, then the application does not work correctly.

Thanks in advance,
  Silviu

Back to the top