Re: [aspectj-users] Why are you using LTW?

Most use LTW as an easy way to get started with AspectJ (no build
script modifications). A few also need to weave into container classes
and LTW seems easier than performing offline binary weaving and
replacing original jars with woven jars. If that is not required, many
eventually move over to compile-time weaving.

I wouldn't worry about "official" compiler issue, since in the end the
VM sees essentially the same byte code regardless of the utilized
weaving mechanism.

-Ramnivas