Re: [aspectj-users] QUESTION: NoClassDefFoundError

Thanks for your response

I think, i hope anyway, that this has to do with my overwritting of the jar which contains the aspects while the appserver is still running. My build automatically places the jar in the correct appserver directory which i thought allowed me to easier test things. However this may have caused the problems. I have not been able to reproduce yet, without doing the overwrite, and will let you know if i am as this could be a bug. In your mind might the overwrite of the jar containing my asepcts while the jappserver/vm is still running, cause such classnotfound problems?? I'd think it could.

Andy Clement wrote:
I guess JBIInterceptorAspect$19 is an anonymous inner class your aspect since any types generated as part of weaving would have ajc$ prefixes or $AjcClosure in the name.  Is it always the same class that cannot be found or does it vary?  It is true in shutdown mode that new codepaths may be executed that cause types to load and load-time weaving will attempt to process them, but unless the appserver has done something to prevent it, the loading and weaving should be OK.

Is there an ajcore file alongside this problem? ie. is it triggered during weaving.  or does it just appear to be an ordinary NoClassDefFoundError thrown by the app server?

Andy.